Lost Surfboard - DRIVER 2.0 by Matt Biolos - Light Speed - 5’10” x 19 x 2,44 - 28,5L - MH10996
Model: DRIVER 2.0 by Matt Biolos
Size: 5’10” x 19 x 2,44 - 28,5L
Construction: Light Speed (Eps Foam + Epoxy resin)
Fin system: FCS II Thruster (3 fins)
DRIVER 2.0 by Matt Biolos
The DRIVER 2.0 is the continuing evolution of our most proven and popular Pro-formance Shortboard. Designed through direct feedback and ongoing refinement with rigorous testing from our pinnacle team riders, specifically Kolohe Andino and Griffin Colapinto, as well as Carissa Moore and young Caroline Marks. The DRIVER 2.0 is a direct reflection of what our team has pushed us to create, to keep up with their pinnacle performance surfing demands.
Over the last two years, since the last iteration of the DRIVER (in early 2017), there has been a constant, almost monthly refinement, of fine tuning and adjustments to keep up with the evolvement of modern performance surfing. We’ve literally made Griffin and Kolohe hundreds of DRIVERS in that time, with subtle, ongoing edits and tweaks. The good news is that this evolution also benefits the every-day surfer.
- More gradual, “no flip tip” entry rocker, for glide and “no pump” speed, out the gate = Connecting sections more effortlessly and carry speed though drawn out turns.
- Wider nose outline in the forward 18”, for more front foot drive and speed, down the line and through carving turns. This also creates a stable platform for the front foot, when landing reverse and fin free tail wafts.
- Thicker along the center with a more pronounced “vee” deck and low, yet forgiving rails = More paddle power and drive, but still sensitive, with the ability to engage the rail for 3-dimensional surfing. This added thickness does not feel “corky”.
- Thinner, yet more boxy rails through the tail for quick reaction from heel to toe and holding in while slicing through high speed carves.
- More rail rocker through the tail, creating more curve and a deeper concave under the rear foot = More POP, high speed, short radius arcs and vertical pocket surfing off the tail.
Overall, the dimensions and volume are slightly up from years past, allowing the top pros more momentum and glide, yet a still responsive ride. At the same time, allowing Bros more forgiveness and the ability to ride what the Pros are riding.
LIGHT SPEED Custom Composite features:
Ultra-Light / Ultra-Lively Foam Core: Steam molded, High Strength-to-Weight Ratio, fused cell, water resistant, stringer-less EPS foam core.
High-Strength, Flexible, Impact Resistant, Epoxy Resin System. Woven Carbon Fiber Centerline “Stringer” (top and bottom): Engineered to add both strength and Rapid-Reflex “pop”, with just enough release to feel forgiving underfoot. The Carbon loads up under foot pressure, and springs upon release.
Fused Carbon, Tail Reinforcement Patches: Transfers more direct input into rail and adds strength.
Centerline Aligned Carbon “Exo-Stringers”: Enable natural Torsional Twist, similar to a wood stringer board, but lighter, and with a much faster reflex reaction and more “pop”.
Innegra Infused, Engineered Composite Fiberglass: A multi weave (6oz lengthwise, woven with 4oz, rail to rail) fiberglass, top and bottom, adds significant break strength, while keeping the boards Ultra-light and Ultra-lively.
5oz Warp-Weave Fiberglass: A multi weave (6oz lengthwise, woven with 4oz, rail to rail) fiberglass, top and bottom, adds significant break strength, while keeping the boards
Ultra-light and Ultra-lively.
LightSpeed – Light and exceptionally fast technology, allowing you to take your small wave and everyday surfing to new levels of speed and Pro-formance.
This is how the exclusive ...Lost's epoxy Light Speed is built. Listen to Matt Biolos explain the details.